Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How to clean a ceiling fan

Yes, I'm going to blog about something I said I would never blog about...cleaning. But this is too good to pass up. I'm really not a good cleaner, but messy-ness does tend to bother me more than it used to. And now with our house up for sale I notice much more every little dust mite and grass blade that makes its way into the house. About a week ago I noticed our ceiling fans were sporting a good amount of dust (and I even purchased the ones with "dust armor"....so much for that). So in fear that a potential buyer would be turned off by the dust rhinos on the fan, I decided to use a cleaning tip I found on flylady.net. I've broken it down into 6 easy steps, with step #2 being the most important if you like to clean as much as I do.


1. Locate an old pillowcase.

2. Hand pillowcase to someone else.

3. Instruct them to put the case over the fan blade, then wipe the fan blade from center to end, keeping all of the dust in the pillowcase. Ask them to repeat until all the blades are clean.

4. Watch as they carry out your instructions.

5. Throw pillowcase in laundry basket.

Step #2, the most important. Especially if that someone is taller than you.
6. Enjoy clean fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment